Thursday, October 13, 2011

New York

I Love New York! I know this is a really long post but we did so many things I didn't know where to stop! The first thing we had to do when we got there even though it was close to midnight was go have Carnigie Deli and I had forgotten just how delicious their cheesecake was!
The view from our hotel room. We stayed in Times Square at the amazing Renissance
The first day we rode the double decker bus around and had lunch at Blue Ribbon Bakery! Yum!
We also saw How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying with Daniel Radcliffe. I think we all loved it!
One of my treasures I found. It's a Brazilian designer so I just had to have it!
The Original Grimaldi's. I thought the pizza was about the same as the other Grimaldi's, but I have to say the atmosphere was what made it so fun. There's a line down the side walk and then you have the owner/manager coming out to yell at you every few minutes if your not following the rules! It cracked me up, probably because we weren't the ones in trouble!

After dinner we hopped on The Staten Island Ferry to get a quick glimpse of The Statue of Liberty at night. We actually were a lot closer then the picture portrays. I don't know why it made it look 12 miles away.
I really wanted to take a carriage ride through Central Park but we settled for a pedi-cab tour instead. We had very interesting chauffeurs and it ended pooring rain ten minutes into it so we were stuck in the thing for a good half hour before it finally let up, but we got a lot accomplished in those first 10 minutes!


The Today Show! So exciting I loved seeing how everything was ran and I did get to shake hands with Al Roker and Curtis Stone and see Natalie Moralis and 2 of the other newer anchors. It was definitely worth waking up at 1am Vegas time to wait in line!
We all really wanted to go to the New York Temple and I'm so glad we did because it was probably my favorite thing we did. We ended up getting a private tour from the Temple President and saw some of the prettiest artwork I've ever seen. He then recommended the best restaurant Pomodoro's.

I really wanted to see the new 9/11 memorial that opened this past 9/11 but to get tickets online it was a couple months out so luckily we found out that they give out 1100 tickets a day at the temporary 9/11 museum so we hopped on the subway to try and get some.
The new 9/11 tower
I don't have the words to describe what I was feeling being there, but it was definitely an emotional experience.

On the last day we saw Wicked! I love love love it and can't wait to take my girls when it comes here next year!
Thanks so much to my amazing mother-in-law for taking us on such a memorable trip! I had the best time with the best girls there wasn't one thing I didn't like I wish I was there now!

3 comments:

  1. it looks like you guys accomplished so much! what a fun trip. i wish we had gone to the temple when we were there...you are more righteous. love the ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should start a Wicked countdown. Fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, amazing trip! New York is somewhere I have never been, but would love to visit someday! Beautiful ring!

    ReplyDelete